Posted by July 22, 2021.on
Everywhere we go these days, we see that businesses are hiring. It also seems you can’t turn on the news without hearing how difficult it is to hire qualified employees and that the competition for these employees is high. In a recent study of over 3,000 hiring managers, we wanted to understand what their key pain points are. Here is a quick summary:
- 75% reported challenges aligning colleagues and or recruiters on job requirements.
- 68% reported challenges with knowing which topics to focus on during interviews.
- 83% reported challenges in determining which candidate would be the best fit.
- 78% reported challenges with on-boarding new hires.
Furthermore, 65% of those polled relied more on instinct than data to make the hiring decision. Confidence in hiring increases to 91% with data reliance versus 69% confidence when relying on instinct.
82% of polled organizations lacked consistent hiring practices, with only 18% performing one or more of these three steps in their hiring practices:
- Align job requirements
- Assess candidates in a structured interview process
- Effectively on-board new hires
- 98% of hiring managers said hiring top performers is important, while 60% find this difficult to achieve
- 95% of hiring managers said increasing employee satisfaction is important, but 51% find this difficult to achieve
- 94% of hiring managers said increasing employee retention is important, and of that 57% find this difficult to achieve
The key takeaways here are that instinct and inconsistency dramatically hinder key hiring goals.
So, what is the solution to improve your organization’s hiring practices while ensuring the use of data to drive decisions?
The PXT Select leadership tool provides objective, reliable and accurate data by measuring a candidate’s abilities in 3 key areas:
- A person’s cognitive abilities will present themselves while answering the question Can they do the job?
- When asked How will you do the job, a candidate may expose up to 9 key measurable behaviors
- Six key job activity interests may surface when the candidate discusses how they will they enjoy the job or what they are most looking forward to in this position.
Call Profiles Incorporated to give your organization the competitive upper hand as you recruit and retain top talent!